Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

Drying and pressing flowers

Have you dried or pressed flowers?  Oregano (the purple flowered variety) has beautiful flowers that dry easily.  Pansies can be set face down and just shrink as they dry creating lovely minature pansies.  Most of my flower drying has just involved placing the flowers in a vase without water or lying them on a dehydrator tray.  Smaller delphinum flowers can turn out beautifully although they are quite fragile. Bachelor buttons are among the flowers that add nice color to potpourri.  Rose petals and lavender are the flowers I dry most often.  Potpourri, decorating sachets, and creating dried arrangements is how I have used most of my dried flowers.  Pressing flowers is something I have little experience with.  Flower Pressing Secrets can give me more ideas of how to dry and press flowers and how to use them.

2 comments:

  1. I always dry bouquet when I get them. Then I can keep the bouquet for a much longer time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love to press flowers!:-)...lots of different ways!:-)

    in books...in the microwave...in a press in a hot car...in the oven with just the light on...be careful this one!...i tape a note to the oven, so nobody turns it on by mistake!:-)

    rebekah:-)

    ReplyDelete